2019年10月25日金曜日

Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare (1595)


     This week I read Romeo and Juliet. This is romance fiction story and very sad story. I like this story because this book bring me various kinds of feeling. I have never read or watched this story to the end, so this is first time for me.
     I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: Romeo said,
“And if I have your love, they can kill me. I prefer to die than to live without your love” (p.13). 
In this scene, Romeo tells her about his feeling for her. When I read this part, I thought he really loved Juliet and there is no meaning in his life without her. It is very strong will. The second one is: Romeo said, 
“Ah, dear Juliet, why are you still so lovely? Eyes, look at Juliet for the last time! Arms, hold her for the last time! And mouth, kiss her for the last time” (p.48). 
These are sad phrases because after those words, he die. He thought she was really dead, but she was still alive. This is very sad and famous scene. The third one is: Lord Capulet said, 
“Give me your hand, brother Montague. Let’s be friends” (p.53). 
This is the last scene. I knew the ends for the first time, but I thought this is good ending. Maybe, this story is unhappy ending from Romeo and Juliet’s position, but thanks to their romance, two families can have good relationship.
      I want to recommend this book, because you can image the place, and character, and you can enjoy it. This is very interesting story. Also, the setting was Verona in the north of Italy, in the 14th century. Perhaps, this is too long, but let’s try it. I give this book 8 stars out of 10.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

under the moon

      This was SF story. Please imagine that if Gog was able to escape to Mars, what happened to the burning Earth, what happened to Kira to...