2019年10月27日日曜日

Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte (1847)

     This week, I read Jane Eyre. This book is a love story. this is pretty good because it has scary scene but it has very good ending.
     I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: 

           "I told him about the noise outside my door and the terrible laugh" (p.17).

I thought this scene was so scary and I don't want to live such a house. In this scene, Jane don't know whose noise it is, and whose laughing it is, of couse, you will not be able to  understand either. When you keep on reading, you can understand the answer.
The second one is:

          "I'll tell you everything...." (p.29).

After this phrase, the truth become clear. I think this part is important because you can know the person who makes noise. It was Mr Rochester's wife. Jane want to marry with him, but she can't because of his strange wife. And he was suffered by his wife. this is very sad scene. the third one is:

          "We have been married for ten years now" (p.42).

This is the last scene. I thought it was nice ending because they could marry although it had long time.

     I want to recommend this book, because you will be able to enjoy some mysterious scenes, and feel good at last. Also, this setting was England in the 19th century. about the language difficulty-it was easy to read. I give this book 6 stars out of 10.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

under the moon

      This was SF story. Please imagine that if Gog was able to escape to Mars, what happened to the burning Earth, what happened to Kira to...