2019年10月20日日曜日

Matilda, by Roald Dahl (1996)

     This week, I read Matilda. This book is fantasy story. This book is pretty good, because it was interesting. Matilda is very clever girl, and she has a special power. Her teacher, Ms. Honey knows this, and Ms.Trunchbull, head teacher doesn't like clever girl, and she is bad woman.
     
     I wrote down three quotes from this book. The first one is:
"You wanted cake! Now you've got cake! And nobody will leave this room until you've eaten every bit of it!"(p.21)
A boy, Bogtrotter ate Ms.Trunchbull's cake. So she was angry and she made him eat a very big chocolate cake! Of couse, it is very hard. I thought this education is wrong.The second one is:
Matilda thought that

          "I want to pick up the glass and drop the newt on Trunchbull's head!"(p.26)

I would think so if I were in this story, because Ms.Trunchbull shout and hold student's ear or head and lift them. And Matilda could act what she thought. It was mysterioius, but I liked what she did. Bad people need to have something bad happen to them. The third one is:


"She left the school and she left the village."(p.35)

 I like this last scene. Ms.Trunchbull left the school and the village. And then, everyone is happy. Moreover, Matilda try to use her special power, but she can't. I thought her power is the thing to save her teacher and her friends.

     I want to recommend this book, because you can understand again that bad things are returned to you. And some Matilda's trick is interesting. It is easy to read and a little long story. I gave this book 6 stars out of 10.


     

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

under the moon

      This was SF story. Please imagine that if Gog was able to escape to Mars, what happened to the burning Earth, what happened to Kira to...