2019年10月4日金曜日

This is London

Today, I want to introduce this book.
This is wrote about London's history, shopping, travel and so on.

At first, I paid attention to this sentence.
"The houses in Shakespeare's London were built very close to each other. They were made of wood. On Saturday 2nd September 1666 there was a big fire. A quarter of a million people lost their homes.People built houses again   after the Great Fire. But this time they built them of stone and brick."
When I read this part, I thought because of this Great Fire, 
present British building method was born.
There are a lot of brick houses in London. This is characteristic in London.

Second, I read chapter 2 -Places to Visit.
In this chapter, a big wheel which called London Eye is introduced.
We can see many buildings like Windsor castle and Gherkin.
"The Gherkin is a glass building. It looks like a vegetable!"
I was interested what the building such as vegetable was, so I searched 
the picture.
「ガーキン ロンドン」の画像検索結果
This is The Gherkin. Gherkin means cucumber.  

In this book, many explain about London is wrote. Therefore you can gain knowledge. Let's try it!!



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

under the moon

      This was SF story. Please imagine that if Gog was able to escape to Mars, what happened to the burning Earth, what happened to Kira to...