2020年4月26日日曜日

NEW YORKERS

     This week, I read NEW YORKERS. This book has some short stories, so I could enjoy reading them without getting tired.

     I want to introduce one episode. It is "The Christmas Presents". This is a story of two poor couple. The husband said,

     "It doesn't matter if your hair is short or long. But if you open that, you'll see why I was unhappy at first."


He bought combs for her hair by selling his gold watch, but she sold her hair to buy a gold chain for his watch. So, he was unhappy when he saw her short hair. I liked and I was moved this episode. This was good story.

     This book has another stories, they are also exciting. You will know what kind of people live in New York and what makes them laugh and cry.  
   

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

under the moon

      This was SF story. Please imagine that if Gog was able to escape to Mars, what happened to the burning Earth, what happened to Kira to...